Misdemeanor Criminal Defense Attorney
Crimes Often Charged as A Misdemeanor:
- Assault – A physical attack against another person. A non-serious injury or one that doesn’t involve a weapon will usually result in a misdemeanor. Types of assault misdemeanors include; domestic violent, harassment and other simple assaults. Domestic violence would be when you assault someone living within your household. Harassment is having a distressing situation for someone, which may result in a person to worry about their own safety like stalking, for instance. Finally, for simple assault it would be punching someone intending to cause harm against them or even threatening to harm someone without hurting them.
- Crimes towards public safety – A public safety violation is an action that could threaten the safety of persons located in close proximity. Disorderly conduct is classified as a misdemeanor where you are basically disturbing the peace. These types would include; public intoxication, loitering, traffic obstruction or driving vehicle with a loud car stereo.
- Carrying an open container – Carrying open alcoholic containers in some or all public places is prohibited by law.
- Minor in possession – This may relate to alcohol (whether opened or closed) or even drugs.
- Prostitution – It is the exchange of some kind of sexual act for something of value like money.
- DUI – Driving under the influence in most jurisdictions for a first offense DUI is classified as a misdemeanor, provided that there are no infuriating conditions.
- Crimes Against Property – These types of crimes include damaging, taking or even going into property that is not yours. Some types of crimes would include; trespassing, vandalism or theft. Trespassing is when you enter another person’s property without having their permission. Vandalism consists of a deliberate action that damages or even destroys another person’s property without their permission. And finally, theft is taking someone’s property that doesn’t belong to you without the person’s permission.
Most Sacramento criminal cases have the opportunity to be exploited for defense, and that’s why you really need a qualified Sacramento Criminal Defense Attorney that will go the extra mile to fight for your rights. At Abrate & Olsen Law Group, we will do everything possible to protect and fight for your rights. Contact our law office to schedule a consultation today.
Counties Where We Practice Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
- Contra Costa County
- El Dorado County
- Placer County
- Sacramento County
- Solano County
- Sutter County
- Yolo County
- Yuba County
Criminal Defense Legal News
Are you or a loved one being charged for Domestic Violence? Abrate & Olsen Law Group have Legal Defense Options for you! Being charged with domestic violence in California does not mean you are guilty. Our first goal is to get your charges dropped before the case...
If you are facing criminal charges involving domestic violence in California, we understand that you have questions, and our Sacramento criminal defense attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process. To start, here is a list of domestic violence penalties...